Guideline for the 12th Japanese Speech Contest in Bangladesh
Organized by Embassy of Japan, JUAAB and Japan Foundation
Please take a look at the guideline and submit your application to JUAAB (email@example.com) before February 1st.
Special Note: If Covid-19 situation is deteriorated we will organize the preliminary and final program by virtual arrangement.
February 1st 2021 (Mon) : Last day to receive applications. (Application must reach to the JUAAB office)
February 13th 2021 (Sat) : Preliminary contest (Venue: TBC)
February 27th 2021 (Sat) : Final Contest (Venue: TBC)
＊Note: Schedule is subject to change
2. Eligibility of the Participants
(1) Must be a citizen of Bangladesh live in Bangladesh
(2) If you have stayed in Japan, the duration must not exceed 3 months
(3) Neither of the parents should be a Japanese
(4) Those who got SAFJUAA (South Asian Federation of the Japanese University Alumni Associations) Speech Contest invitation in the past are not eligible to apply.
(5) Those who under 18 years old can participate in this speech contest, but not eligible for the SAFJUAA Speech Contest (if it is held).
(6) Advanced Category:
N4 Level passed or N3 Level running, if someone want, who passed N5 Level he/she can apply.
(7) Beginner Category :
N5 Level passed or equivalent.
1. Read Guideline
2. Download Application form
3. Choose your category (advanced or beginner)
4. Fill up the application form
5. Email soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to JUAAB office, or bring it to JUAAB office in person.
4. Rules of the contest
(1) Plagiarism is a serious offence. Anyone who plagiarizes speech draft will be dismissed and will not be allowed to participate in the future speech contests.
(2) A contestant cannot participate with same speech in the past speech contests.
(3) Each speech shall be within 4 (four) minutes and there will be 1 minute Q&A after each speech.
(4) There will be preliminary contest on February 15th (Sat). Only the selected contestants will proceed to the final contest on February 27th.
5. Topic for Speech Contest
- Advanced Category: N4 Level passed or N3 Level running, if some one want who passed N5 Level he/she can apply.
Please choose one topic from 3 below
- わたしが日本語のべんきょうからまなんだこと(What I learned from studying Japanese language)
- わたしがにほんごをべんきょうするりゆう（The reason why I study Japanese）
- 日本とバングラデシュのゆうじょう(Friendship between Japan and Bangladesh)
(2) Beginner Category: N5 Level passed or equivalent
Free topic (Please specify on your application form)
6. Certificate and Prize
(1) The “Certificate of Participation “will be given to each contestant.
(2) Crest will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Winners of the contest.
(3) The 1st and 2nd prize winner of the contest will be recommended by the JUAAB to take part in the “SAFJUAA Speech Contest in Japanese Language” (details will be provided to the winner later).
*Note that those who are under 18 years old are not eligible for the SAFJUAAB Speech Contest (if it is held).