Guideline for the 11th Japanese Speech Contest in Bangladesh
Organized by Embassy of Japan, JUAAB and Japan Foundation
19 December 2019 (Thursday): Issue a circular to Japanese-language schools in Bangladesh to get participants for the contest. Application paper is available at JUAAB (Japanese Universities Alumni Association in Bangladesh) office or downloaded from Japan Embassy/ JUAAB website.
1 February 2020 (Saturday): Last day to receive applications (Application must reach to the JUAAB office)
15 February 2020 (Saturday): Preliminary contest (in Farmgate area)
29 February 2020 (Saturday): Final Contest (Venue: TBC)
*Note: Schedule is subject to change
2. Eligibility of the participants
(1) Must be a citizen of Bangladesh live in Bangladesh
(2) If you have stayed in Japan, the duration must not exceed 3 months
(3) Neither of the parents should be a Japanese
(4) Those who got SAFJUAA (South Asian Federation of the Japanese University Alumni Associations) Speech Contest invitation in the past are not eligible to apply.
(5) Those who under 18 years old can participate in this speech contest, but not eligible for the SAFJUAA Speech Contest
(6) Advanced Category: N4 Level passed or N3 Level running, if someone want, who passed N5 Level he/she can apply
(7) Beginner Category: N5 Level passed or equivalent.
(1) Guideline/ Application form available in JUAAB office (1st Floor, 28 Indira Road, Farmgate, Dhaka 1215; Tel: 914-5288, 01749-762-539). It is also downloadable from the Embassy of Japan website.
(2) Choose your category (advanced or beginner)
(3) Fill up the application form attached to this Guideline
(4) Email soft copy to email@example.com or mail it to JUAAB office, or bring it to JUAAB office in person.
4. Rules of the contest
(1) Plagiarism is a serious offence. Anyone who plagiarize speech draft will be dismissed and will not be allowed to participate in the future speech contests.
(2) A contestant cannot participate with same speech in the past speech contests.
(3) Each speech shall be within 4 (four) minutes, and there will be 1 minute Q&A after each speech.
(4) There will be preliminary contest on 15 February 2002 (Saturday). Only the selected contestants (10 from Advanced, 5 from Beginner) will proceed to the final contest on 29 February 2020.
5. Topic for speech contest
(1) Advanced Category: Please choose one topic from 3 below
1 わたしが日本語のべんきょうからまなんだこと(What I learned from studying Japanese language)
2 わたしがにほんごをべんきょうするりゆう(The reason why I study Japanese)
3 日本とバングラデシュのゆうじょう(Friendship between Japan and Bangladesh)
(2) Beginner Category: Free topic (Please specify)
6. Certificate and prize
(1) The “Certificate of Participation “will be given to each contestant.
(2) Crest will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Winners of the contest.
(3) The 1st and 2nd prize winner of the contest will be recommended by the JUAAB to take part in the “SAFJUAA Speech Contest in Japanese Language” (details will be provided to the winner later).
*Note that those who are under 18 years old are not eligible for the SAFJUAAB Speech Contest.